leopard gecko AWAY from home?

Xu_

after few hrs i am leaving to my grandparents house for 2days maybe. i already bought a container for my 4-5inches little baby,

what should i get to keep kegan(my leopard gecko's name) comfy/warm/etcc..?

i already organized the container bottom, hide, packed his food and his water dish, i just have to make some holes on the container for kegan to breathe

DrCarrotTail

I would just leave him at home in his normal cage if you're only going away for the weekend. They can easily go 3-4 days without food and it would be much less stressful.

Sorry I'm not so helpful in answering the "what to bring" question. How big is the container? If it's small I don't think I know of a good way to warm a small plastic container and still provide the heat gradient your gecko needs. If you don't have a heat source on the container you're bringing him in I wouldn't feed him while you're away at all. If he doesn't have a 90 degree warm spot to warm his belly and digest his food it could make him sick and I usually feel its better safe than sorry. I would also recommend keeping him in a small tupperware while you're driving there so that things like his water dish or hide can't move and crush him.

Xu_

i got her a 20inch sterilite container, not exactly sure about the 20inch but it is way huge for her, her plastic plate wont be able to crush her so that's a good thing :main_thumbsup: i put 2 hides in and one of them is a drinking water bottle that i cut the sipping part and taped the sharp sides afterwards, then i put it inside a sock for her warmth :p i cant keep her at home since my maids have other things to do so they wont be checking on her if something went wrong, andd i dont know the age of my gecko but she's still a baby so i cant risk not feeding her for 3-4 days :L. right now she's with my parents, i made sure to put her on the warmest side of the room and the safest. i already told one of our maids to prepare a heating sack from the pharmacy for any future traveling for extra warmth than she already has. :)

my leopard gecko.jpg

staceyleigh

I am going to second the "leave him home" idea. I recently went away for 2 nights, 3 days and left my 2 juvenile leos home. Just give fresh water, a bowl full of meal worms, and be sure temps are stable. I think it is much more stressful to move them around. I raise and breed Bluetongued skinks as well and I do the same for them. If I plan to be away more than 2-3 days, I have someone come in to care for them.

Xu_

yeah i agree on the "leaving geckos at home". she's small for the plate and i worry that the worms will crawl out and eventually bite her, if i put in dry worms, she might not eat them. there were also movie maker/producers at my home to film stuff, i couldnt risk leaving her alone at home :( we got back home about an hr ago, placed her in her home and i wont disturb her unless if necessary.

Visit our friends