Leopard gecko breeding

HoaDinh

Hi so I introduced a male gecko into a 20 gallon tank with 3 females in them. As soon as I put the male in one of the female became interested in him but then went up to him and bite his leg. Therefore I moved her out and left them him in there with the other 2. He mated with one of the female without a problem but for the second there are some troubles. I believe he was trying to mate with her but he kind of forced himself on her(she was on her side struggling to fight back when I tried to remove the male). I did not see it because they were doing it inside a hide; but as soon as I heard sounds of them fighting i quickly removed the male and but back the 1st female back into the tank. Later I see that the female that was fighting was bleeding on the head and shedding as well. I did a little research and it says that is normal and should continue to leave the male in. So I was wondering should I put the male back or just let him breed with only the one that accepted him. Any suggestion would help a lot, thank you.

Visit our friends