Leopard gecko eggs few questions

Geckonator87

Hi I had my first clutch 3 days ago and they was laid outside the lay box when I found them they was dented and dry they are fertile and I put them in the incubator but my question is has anyone had eggs bounce back and be ok?? they have plumped up humidity is at 99% also my incubator is on a thermostat but it goes from 82 degrees up to 84 degrees is that ok ?? Appreciate any help

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Sometimes eggs do recover well. they are incredibly hardy. I have heard stories about people throwing out eggs and finding hatchlings later on but I think that's pretty rare. All you can do is to incubate until they either hatch or stink. What kind of incubator are you using? Sometimes it can be fine, but I found that with temperature fluctuations I did have a small number of geckos with deformities, predominantly in the eyelids and the legs.
You will do better with a good thermostat and it should be a proportional thermostat (do some google research to find out what that means).

Aliza

Geckonator87

I have a homemade incubator At this time I have a zoomed ordered but it won’t be here for another week so I was concerned

Geckonator87

I have a bn link thermostat and it has a 2 degree cut on time so I have it set at 83 degrees but it will come on at 81 degrees so the temp varies on a 2 degree basis should I be ok with that ? Or is that to much fluctuation in temp?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Your mileage may vary. Sometimes it's fine and sometimes a percentage of the hatchlings may have some mild deformities. I did better when I got a pretty expensive incubator that kept the temp rock steady, but I also had some good years using a hovobator with a good thermostat which wasn't as steady.

Aliza

Visit our friends