Leopard Gecko Fight

Geckomaster743

Well i just saw my first Leopard Gecko fight. Im not sure if the 2 Geckos that were fighting are male but.... My Older male thesus had some how been provoked and attacked the younger Gecko. The younger hatchling which is too young to guarntee age was hissing and shaking its tale. Then they suddenly rolled in to a ball and started biting each other. I quickly seperated them but that was quite the scare.... It would suck to wake up in the morning to find a dead Leo :( I did notice bullying from day 1 though that i moved them in to the same enclouser. I hoped that they would settle there differences and calm down. After they calmed down i still noticed that the 2 Hatchlings moved in were always sleeping outside. I had come down to conclusion that they were being bullied so i guess its better there out of the cage. Glad they had a fight for me too see that this wasnt working out. No one was hurt in the end!

Ruby

You always have problems with leopard gecko dominance, ha ha. How many do you have in how many tanks?

Geckomaster743

I have 2 Tanks. One Adult Male in by him self and another Male that was with 4 Others in a 20 Gallon. Trust me if the hatchlings were a bit older there would never be 5 in a 20 Gallon. But i added 2 Extra hides and 2 Water bowls and there was still plenty of room. I removed the hatchlings so now its just 3 in the 20 Gallon. Cant wait to build the Rack System this friday!

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
I have two 20L aquariums, each with one male and 2 females, a 45H with one male and two females, and a 10 gal with a lone female. Then I have a homemade 4 unit set, each unit is about a 10 gal. One unit is empty, one holds a corn snake, one holds a lone male, and one holds two females.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Sounds like you'll be getting a nice upgrade that will enable you to give everyone a bit more room. I'm glad no one was hurt! Hopefully they all cool down until you have more space...

Visit our friends