leopard gecko hasn’t eaten in 2 weeks?

sydnehh

Hi everyone! So about three weeks ago I got a gecko from our local area, she is a year old and I adopted her from someone, in the first week she wasn’t at all interested in locusts (we’re told they were her favourite) and I got worried so held a mealworm to her mouth everyday until she ate it (yes that was not the right thing to do, therefore only did it for four days) The warm side of her 3ft viv is always 29 - 33 Celsius with minor drops, increases rarely. She has plenty of hides and in drinking water. She doesn’t seem fat but possibly a little underweight and seems perfectly happy and wanders around, her eyes are clear and she’s not lethargic at all, she’s not impacted (as far as I’m aware) as her belly does not touch the floor unless resting. She also has a reptile mat and no loose substrate but does have a hide full of loose moss. Last week she shed but nothing changed after or before. I’m just concerned as anyone would be, and before I spend £80 at the vets would like advice. She does not have a uvb but I do dust the mealworms with calcium and vitamin d3 powder, but obviously she isn’t eating them. Also another thing I find weird is she has almost like a little air sac just below her left arm? Its only about 1cm long and doesn’t seem to be causing any harm. Thankyou!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome! She looks pretty good. Sometimes they just don't eat. It can go on for weeks. One of mine just started eating a month ago after at least 2 months of not eating. She's nice and chunky. Holding a mealworm to her mouth is not wrong, though she may come to insist on it (I have some leopard geckos that I have to hand feed). Just keep offering and try not to worry. They are much different from mammals in their food needs.

Aliza

Visit our friends