Leopard Gecko Hatchling!!!

Geckomaster743

I had recently Made a Forum about my Hatchling that i just got and she hasnt eatten any meal worms in the 5 days i got her. Shes been Eatting this Liquid Vitamin Fluid from a Item called Flukers Vitamin Boost full of the Stuff she needs. I put the worm to her mouth and i even leave her infront of the others to watch them eat so she could try and pick it up but shes not doing any thing! Its really frustrating and worrying because she may starve if that Fluid dosent keep her alive =/ I'll put photos up soon but shes really fast and dosent sit still well :(

Apocalypse910

3 Year Member
The repta-boost stuff is great and saved the life of one of my hatchlings as well. It obviously won't work as a long term solution though.

I've had the best luck decapitating meal worms and offering them. The smell seems to really jump-start their appetite. Some lizards will just lap at the worm for a while, so be patient.

Is her tail pencil thin or does she still have some weight on her? Also how old is she ?- if she just hatched there is a several day delay before they start eating.

If she is thin I'd definitely take her to a vet as soon as you can to rule out parasites, disease, and impaction. You may also want to separate her from the other geckos both for her health, and on the off chance she could get the others sick.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Definitely separate her and try to make sure all her environmental parameters are being met. How are her temps? Water/humidity? What kind of substrate? Plenty of room to hide if needed? Normal light cycles? Usually an animal will not eat like this as an indicator of something else not being right... Just a thought.

Geckomaster743

Sorry for not Replying! Yeah shes begun eatting, And i have a Favor to ask you all. Stop Buying From Pets Mart/Petco/Petland or what ever Major pet store you see. Im starting a Whole topic about it. I got my Gecko to eat by feeding her Crickets and Studied what she was so intersted in. I finnaly got that she liked movement so i begun moving mealworms when i dropped them in. She now just eats the meal worms on her own with out me making them move. Thanks for the tips guys ( Her Temp/Water/Space/Shelter Was always normal! I give my Geckos the best ). And to heres why I dont want you buying from Pet Stores, They treat there animals with Cruelty. Leopard Geckos/Birds/Fish/Rats/Hamsters/Mice/Etc get Put in SUPER small Boxs with 10 Of there other friends for about a Day. What do you think happens on that Trip from the facililty where they are bred and then shipped to the store. Some cant get air and die. And then theres the Part before that where they lived in these Facilities. ( Leopard Geckos go in 10 Gallons with 15 Others and Gender Dosent matter which means Males will kill each other ). The Animals are Over Crowded - See no Medical Attention if needed - Are Nutered or Spayed by unprofessional people using Dull Knifes - And Thrown in the Garbage - Stepped on or Abused if they escape - Dont get changed water - Dont Clean there Living enviorments. To these big distributers they are just MERCHINDISE. www.petsmartcruelty.com

Visit our friends