Leopard gecko not eating very well??

Yas97

So Herbert eats around 4 crickets every other day. I always feed him at the same time every evening but if he had 4 crickets yesterday the next day he won’t eat at all, he’ll just turn his head away. Is this normal?? When eating meal worms he ate every single night

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If he's an adult, every other day is about right. I feed my adult leopard geckos twice a week, on Monday and Thursday.

Aliza

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
At 5 months it depends on how much he weighs. I have had hatchlings that were 50 grams at 5 months and they don't need to eat every day at that weight. If he'll still take mealworms, you could always keep a small bowl of mealworms and offer crickets every other night.

Aliza

Yas97

He completely went off mealworms. I’ve also realised he’s been in his moist hide every day for about a week and never goes to sleep in his warm hide. His colours gone very dull so I think he’s shedding again that could also be why

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
That could definitely be the reason. Also, some geckos just fall in love with a particular hide and spend all their time in there. One of my geckos, unfortunately, has decided that her warm hide is the outhouse!

Aliza

Visit our friends