Leopard gecko offspring possiblities?

Dragonsongbird

Hello hello I’m gonna be breeding my geckos this season, I’ve got two females, and I have a male purchased and on the way. I wasn’t sure what the outcome would be with pairing him with one of my females though. I’ve tried the calculators but keep getting different results, so here’s all the genes and photos:

Male:
Tangerine
Albino (Tremper)
Eclipse eyes
Het Raptor (his father was a raptor, and possible Mack snow)
IMG_2227.png
Female:
Blizzard
66% het Albino (Tremper)
IMG_2023.jpeg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Do you have a sense of how leopard gecko genetics work? I"m asking because ideally you'll be able to figure this out yourself. It's especially important if you're planning to sell you gecko offspring to people who want to know the genetics. Ideally you should be familiar with these terms: dominant, recessive, co-dominant, line bred, homozygous, heterozygous.
Tremper Albino, blizzard and eclipse are recessive
Raptor is actually Tremper albino, tangerine, eclipse (and theoretically patternless stripe, though no one seems to consider that anymore)
Mack snow is co-dominant. If none of the possible Mack snow offspring hatch out black and white (or beige and white if it's an albino) then your gecko is not Mack snow.
Tangerine is line bred, meaning that the best way to produce a nice looking tangerine is to breed two tangerines together, since there's no single dominant or recessive gene

With that information and an understanding of basic breeding principles, you should be able to get a sense of what each pairing will produce and most of the time to know once the offspring hatches, which genetic components it has and which it has a percentage of chance to possess.

Here's an article I wrote awhile ago that explains and illustrates some of this:

Aliza

Dragonsongbird

Do you have a sense of how leopard gecko genetics work? I"m asking because ideally you'll be able to figure this out yourself. It's especially important if you're planning to sell you gecko offspring to people who want to know the genetics. Ideally you should be familiar with these terms: dominant, recessive, co-dominant, line bred, homozygous, heterozygous.
Tremper Albino, blizzard and eclipse are recessive
Raptor is actually Tremper albino, tangerine, eclipse (and theoretically patternless stripe, though no one seems to consider that anymore)
Mack snow is co-dominant. If none of the possible Mack snow offspring hatch out black and white (or beige and white if it's an albino) then your gecko is not Mack snow.
Tangerine is line bred, meaning that the best way to produce a nice looking tangerine is to breed two tangerines together, since there's no single dominant or recessive gene

With that information and an understanding of basic breeding principles, you should be able to get a sense of what each pairing will produce and most of the time to know once the offspring hatches, which genetic components it has and which it has a percentage of chance to possess.

Here's an article I wrote awhile ago that explains and illustrates some of this:

Aliza
Yes I understand most of these terms! I was just confused because when I put the input into several calculators, I had one telling me blizzard babies, and one told me I would get wild type babies, and I was like wait whattt??

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If one parent is blizzard and the other parent has no blizzard genes, none of the offspring will be blizzard because that gene is recessive. All the offspring will be het for blizzard and often if they have 1 blizzard gene their black spots look more like speckles.

Aliza

Visit our friends