Leopard Gecko Toe Bleeding.... Help!

helfrichj

Hello Everyone,

I looked into my leos cage today and I noticed these dark spots of blood. I realized it was coming from the tip of his toe( most likely nail). He just shed today and after he was done I noticed it, and I think he might have pulled off his nail. He always has issues shedding on the toes and I pretty much have to assist after every shed to make sure this doesn't happen from stuck shed, but the bugger decided he didn't like his toe nail anymore I guess! Does anyone have any advice for this to make sure it doesn't get infected? It has stopped bleeding but as you can see from the picture he bled a fair amount. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_3162.JPG
    IMG_3162.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3163.JPG
    IMG_3163.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3164.JPG
    IMG_3164.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 2

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
He doesn't appear to be on any loose substrate, so the abrasion shouldn't get dirty. This happens often with some of my leopard geckos. Just keep it clean (and keeping the gecko in a clean cage will automatically keep it clean) and it should heal soon. If you see pus, swelling or red streaks (very unlikely for all of this) it's a sign of infection and you'll have to consider a vet appointment.

Aliza

Visit our friends