Leopard gecko turning gray, but not shedding

Eeviethegecko

Hi, I recently posted about my leopard geckos getting used to her new tank (she moved in 2 weeks ago) , but now she has turned gray. She’s been like this for at least 3 days and I don’t think it’s shed. I’m about to leave for a week and a family member is going to take care of her, I’m very worried that she’s sick or something, is this normal or is there something wrong? She has a Arcadia shadedweller uvb lamb, DHP, hot side temps are 91-95 f and on the cool side they are 75 f. I dust with earth pro a most feedings and calcium every 4th feeding. She has a water dish and 2 moist hides.
The first picture is her now and the second is her normal coloring ( her first day in the new tank)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • 32FE31CA-997A-4647-80D3-8C4893C402B8.jpeg
    32FE31CA-997A-4647-80D3-8C4893C402B8.jpeg
    998.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It may just be a long intro to shedding. What are the temps in the part of the new tank where she hangs out? Sometimes if she's in a low temp area her colors could temporarily get duller.

Aliza

Eeviethegecko

She has turned back to her normal coloring and is now eating again, I think it was just a long shedding process, I do weigh her monthly (recently more weekly) and I haven’t noticed any abnormal fluctuations. Thanks everyone for your help!

Visit our friends