Leopard gecko with eggs not eating

Emily1111

hi, im new to breeding and my leopard gecko just laid her first egg 2 days ago but she hasn't eaten in 10 or 11 days I've read that this is normal that they don't eat but 10/11 days seems a little bit extreme, she's definitely a lot skinnier and I'm worried. Is it normal? What can I do? At what point is it deadly? I'm thinking I shouldn't breed her again as she seems stressed? Please let me know if anyone has any recommendations or help as I'm very concerned.
Thank you.

TheGeckoDekko

OK, it is normal for the leopard gecko to not eat after breeding, and it is normal to be a bit worried. I'm very sure everything will be alright but I'm going to ask some questions just in case.

Is the male still in with the female?
What are you feeding the gecko?
How big of an enclosure?
How often do you feed it?
Is she pooping fine, and regularly?
What hides does she have in her enclosure?
How many eggs did she lay?

Emily1111

OK, it is normal for the leopard gecko to not eat after breeding, and it is normal to be a bit worried. I'm very sure everything will be alright but I'm going to ask some questions just in case.

How big of an enclosure?
Hi thank you for the reply, yes the male is still with the female, ive tried to feed her mealworms, waxworms and silkworms, the enclosure is 90cm by 45cm, before I used to feed her every other day and leave mealworms in the enclosure but now I've been attempting to feed her everyday, she hasnt pooped in a few days and when she last did it was very small and quite irregular, a little bit liquid, there's 2 warm hides, 2 cold hides and 1 normal moist hide and i made a laying hide for her with moist soil and she laid 1 egg.

Emily1111

How big of an enclosure?
Also just found new poop from her, its normal size but its slightly green

TheGeckoDekko

Hi thank you for the reply, yes the male is still with the female, I've tried to feed her mealworms, waxworms, and silkworms, the enclosure is 90cm by 45cm, before I used to feed her every other day and leave mealworms in the enclosure but now I've been attempting to feed her every day, she hasn't pooped in a few days and when she last did it was very small and quite irregular, a little bit liquid, there's 2 warm hides, 2 cold hides and 1 normal moist hide and I made a laying hide for her with moist soil and she laid 1 egg.
Ok, great thanks!
I think what's going on is she is going to lay another egg soon. Usually, leos lay eggs in clutches of 2 so shes probably working off a lot of energy and stress to lay that second egg. Usually, leos will get very slim when laying eggs but after they will eat a lot! So don't worry too much because this is normal behavior and more than likely she'll do just fine. But, if she still doesn't eat after laying her second egg, try taking out the male because he could be causing too much stress on her.
I hope you found this helpful!

Emily1111

Ok, great thanks!
I think what's going on is she is going to lay another egg soon. Usually, leos lay eggs in clutches of 2 so shes probably working off a lot of energy and stress to lay that second egg. Usually, leos will get very slim when laying eggs but after they will eat a lot! So don't worry too much because this is normal behavior and more than likely she'll do just fine. But, if she still doesn't eat after laying her second egg, try taking out the male because he could be causing too much stress on her.
I hope you found this helpful!
Yes ok thank you so much!

Visit our friends