Leopard Gecko's - Heatpads

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
That is probably a question best answered by ZooMed. It is a great idea, however, to make sure you maintain your heating equipment regularly to avoid any fire potential. Check the plugs, make sure you have the proper fuses/circuit breakers in place, etc.
You can't be too safe!

Gopherhockey03

They are actually meant to be kept on 24/7. But if you are worried then I would just go get a rheostat. I did read on there website that they actually shut off if they overheat but I wouldn't trust that fully.

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
I still like heat rocks with my leos, too. But they are out of fashion right now. I've also put a flat rock over the UTH. It gets warm and and cozy, too.

Geckomaster743

I still like heat rocks with my leos, too. But they are out of fashion right now. I've also put a flat rock over the UTH. It gets warm and and cozy, too.
Im not saying Heat rocks are bad but i don't use them. Ive heard they can pose a risk to my Leopard Geckos by burning them and that would crush me if they ever got hurt or died =/ So i take all the Pre- Cautions.

Katherine

3 Year Member
I use ZooMed's UTH. When I first bought it, no matter how much paper towels I placed on top of the heatpad(in the tank), it would be over 100 degrees. I ran out and bought those light dimmers which I read was the same as the ones in the pet stores. Now it's perfect because if it's gets too high or too low, I adjust.

Gopherhockey03

Katherine where have you been! Any updates on your little guy I bet he's grown a lot like mine considering we got ours the same day!

Katherine

3 Year Member
Katherine where have you been! Any updates on your little guy I bet he's grown a lot like mine considering we got ours the same day!

Hey! I've been around, just haven't posted any pics because I'm always on my iPad. I actually posted new pics like 2 days ago, and that was right before he had to shed. Humphrey has grown like a weed and he's a sweetie pie. I saw new pics of yours, very pretty little guy. How's Luna doing?

Gopherhockey03

She's doing good! I have my mealworms breeding and crickets breeding also so she never runs out of food haha! She weighed 7 grams when I got her and shes 21grams now so shes growing fast =). It's crazy her colors are bright and she's actually developing a carrot tail! But yes I love her!

Katherine

3 Year Member
She's doing good! I have my mealworms breeding and crickets breeding also so she never runs out of food haha! She weighed 7 grams when I got her and shes 21grams now so shes growing fast =). It's crazy her colors are bright and she's actually developing a carrot tail! But yes I love her!

Wow, she got big! My Humphrey was just a measly 2 grams when I got him, and the last time I weighed him he was 11grams. I'm also trying the mealworm breeding. So far I got pupa, and 3 should turn into beetles soon. I'm ok with mealworms now, but I'm a little scared of beetles...we'll see how it goes.

Visit our friends