Lethargic leopard gecko - active during the day

Coco

Hello! I have a 3-5 year old leopard gecko named Coco. Lately she takes two days to eat her food and she is active during the day and is never in her favorite hides anymore, just laying in the middle of the tank near the lamp. Also, she has been shedding fine but she never gets the toes so I always need to do it for her.
I can answer any questions about her setup or diet if needed!

Attached is an image of her fallen asleep propped on her water bowl, which she never does and I don't understand. She also let me pet her on the head and she doesn't usually let me.

Thanks!
PXL_20230508_143850510.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I find that leopard (and other) geckos often change their routine, especially after they're been keeping the same one after awhile. Many geckos aren't eating as much right around now. I'm home more now because I'm working part time and the leopard geckos are definitely not all sleeping all day and awake all night.
On a related note, I just had 2 days of open studios at my house with a lot of guests. Spencer, my 16 year old crested gecko was fascinated by all the people the first day and was all over the cage checking them out. The second day he was wiped!

Aliza

Visit our friends