Levis Levis Housing Question.

Zbiz

T.A.I.L. REPTILES
Hello everyone. Hopefully in a month or so I will be obtaining some Levis levis. I am deciding what type of enclosure to house them in and decided i need to see these gorgeous animals. So I'm thinking of getting a 1/2 height 20L tank (6" high) and using dividers split the tank into 3 sections each being 12.5" by 10". Will these spaces be big enough to house an adult levis in each? Thanks for your advice!:main_thumbsup:

thom_fish

hmm...housing can be tricky. I would say this...

Levis levis don't need a lot of room so deviding your tank should be fine. But like most animals the more room the nicer. The other thing which can be very tricky (and I don't know how you have decided to solve this) is to remember that you have to have at least half the tank heated and half moist for their digging. The more devided the tank the trickier this becomes. Deviding the tank I suppose has its pros and it considerations.

Why have you decided not to just house them together? I have a 2ft tank which houses two adults easily and you could possibly fit a third in. The most important thing is that each has its own hiding spot and to make sure they aren't competing for food.

I guess a third, and possibly last resort, is to house two in a larger tank and get a smaller one for the third.

I guess you just need to play around and see how they are coping with it. But yes, heating I think will be your main concern.

Zbiz

T.A.I.L. REPTILES
Well i was planning to run a 3 inch flex watt the length of the cage in the back making a gradient from front to back.

Visit our friends