Levis questions for the pro's

Ozz465

Amyae Nut
IM planning to get a few pairs in the near future and i have a few questions and would love if you guys and gals could help me .

1,can they be kept ina rack system?? if so what size tub do you recommend??

2,under tank heating is the way to i have read . what temps do you recommend for night and day??

3,any detailed care sheets that you recommend??

4,what sex ratio do you recommend for breeders??

5,what are the normal prices for these??

if anyone can help answer these id greatly appreciate it .

thegeckoguy23

IM planning to get a few pairs in the near future and i have a few questions and would love if you guys and gals could help me .

2,under tank heating is the way to i have read . what temps do you recommend for night and day??

They can be kept in racks I would recomend 12 qts for groups.

There pretty munch like leos only its high 80's on the hot end and mid 70's on the cooled end.

Heres a good knob tail gecko Care sheet

2.1 or 3.1 I would say if not a bit higher.

About $200.00 I have seen each.

Jake

knobguy

I am not a pro but..

1. Yes, for males the smaller tubs and females the bigger ones.

2. I keep it stable day and night around 89 degrees thermostat. Cool side I don't measure temp but keep misted.

3. Yes, look around and you'll find some.

4. 2.3

5. $200-250 unsexed babies, $600-800 pair

stevesharpie

I would say that Knobguys answers are more accurate. For Just starting out I would have to recommend at least 2.3 for a breeding group. Its also important to point out that these geckos should not be kept in a group. Each gecko needs its own enclosure(12-15qt tubs) in a rack system is best, these geckos are stressed very easily so they should only be kept together during brief introductions of males and females. I also recommend reading the "care sheet" found on our web site that was provided in the link by "thegeckoguy23" Its a great care/breeding article written by Justin Julander also of Australian Addiction. If you need any more help feel free to email me directly.

Visit our friends