Lid for 20g tank

M

mckyle

Any ideas for making an inexpensive top that can open up at least relatively easily? Right now I'm using screen wrapped around the sides, but since the tank will be going on its side (so taller rather than longer), screen's a bit of a hassle getting on/off.

got spots?

leo lover
why are you putting the tank on its side?
for the top though id use wire mesh or w/e and kind of string it through wood or use good old hotglue or super glue

M

mckyle

why are you putting the tank on its side?
for the top though id use wire mesh or w/e and kind of string it through wood or use good old hotglue or super glue

It'll be for a crested gecko, so I'm aiming for height.

Not exactly sure how I'd use glue with it, though :p

Taquiq

JK Herp
I built a top for my 29 gallon tank. Sorry but I have no pictures. To do it you need 4 pieces of wood, 2 width, and 2 length. Measure your tank length and width and then get wood corresponding to it. Then I used "L" brackets to connect the wood. Then I used mesh to ensure air ventilation. I super glued the mesh to the wood. Just make sure it is not the cloth mesh if you are using a light. If you aren't then cloth mesh is fine. Finally I spray painted it black. Let it dry for a couple days after you spray paint it.

got spots?

leo lover
I built a top for my 29 gallon tank. Sorry but I have no pictures. To do it you need 4 pieces of wood, 2 width, and 2 length. Measure your tank length and width and then get wood corresponding to it. Then I used "L" brackets to connect the wood. Then I used mesh to ensure air ventilation. I super glued the mesh to the wood. Just make sure it is not the cloth mesh if you are using a light. If you aren't then cloth mesh is fine. Finally I spray painted it black. Let it dry for a couple days after you spray paint it.

yea what he said. But by glue I meant instead of brackets use alot of glue lol
and okay sorry I thought u meant for a leo at first lol

M

mckyle

The only problem I see with that is the lid falling off when its set upright :p

P

project1

you could frame around the whole thing then have a swing open door.

Visit our friends