Lighting+heat question

Good morning everyone! I'm new to this site today, so hopefully this is an okay place to post a question!

I have an 11 month old leopard gecko named Fred. I've had him since he was four months old and it's been going pretty well. I recently switched my lighting to a ceramic heat emitter on a dimmer cord that keeps his 25gal tank at a great temperature variant. He also really adores his under-the-tank heat mat, which, while I know is not necessary since he has overhead, really helps his digestion (he's prone to stomach upset).

His temperatures and humidity are consistent with all the recommended temps. I also have a small UVB nano light, but, it's a small coil. I recently found out that coils are bad, but I was looking to hear from a vet. I have attached a picture of the light domes I use; one side is his CHE and one is the UVB. I've had the UVB since May/June and there have been no issues. I also dust his bugs (he eats every 5 days) with calcium with D3, and he has calcium without D3 in the tank.

My question is, do I have to change anything? I'm so confused by the lighting and heat for these guys. Any recommendations or help? download.png

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 2

Visit our friends