Lights

Silas0526

I have a UVA/UVB bulb that I got at petco, and have a red light, too. Would the florecent light work as a basking lamp, or do I need to replace the red light with a basking light?

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If you're talking about crested geckos or gargoyles, since they're nocturnal, they don't need a basking light. I also see no need for the red light. It's not clear whether or not they can see red lights or not. If you have real plants in the enclosure, they need a light. Otherwise, you can use a light, but as long as they're in a room where the ambient light lets them know if it's day or night, that's sufficient. If they are getting a CGD full diet, they are being supplemented and don't need UV lights.

Aliza

Silas0526

If you're talking about crested geckos or gargoyles, since they're nocturnal, they don't need a basking light. I also see no need for the red light. It's not clear whether or not they can see red lights or not. If you have real plants in the enclosure, they need a light. Otherwise, you can use a light, but as long as they're in a room where the ambient light lets them know if it's day or night, that's sufficient. If they are getting a CGD full diet, they are being supplemented and don't need UV lights.

Aliza
Thanks

Visit our friends