Little league coaches SUCK (except for the nice ones)

LeosForLess

Im a little league umpire, i have to deal with the 110099009 wild balls hittin me, 90 degree weather in all the umping gear, the fans, the late night but the coaches AND the players! I mean the coaches yell at me for every last call when theyre losing so im used to that, but last night the coaches son turned around after i called a strike and he yelled "WHERE IS THE STRIKE ZONE AT MY FEET?!?!?!?". I shoulda given him a warning or thrown him out but it was 0-2 bottom of the 6th(last inning for them). And this was a 9-10 year old kid! Its not that he is disrespecting me or anything its that i couldnt believe he would argue an ump or anything!

For those of you who know baseball, a player cant pitch after he was withdrawn from the mound, well this coach had to make a fuss and tried putting a pitcher back on the mound. I must have spent 10 minutes looking through the rule book even though me, the other ump and other coach knew you couldnt put the kid back on the mound.

But on the upside making 17 an hour is more than double most kids my age:D

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
Just start growling the next time the kids give you crap. lol

(same goes for the coaches, too.)

R

rrhill

Growl Hell, Eject the little bastard. You are the ump, he doesn't have to like the call...let him go cry to his mom & dad. I deal with older kids at work and the 1st time they suck their teeth, mumble or act like an ass is the last...don't let me door hit ya where the lord split ya!

The NY Gecko

Don't Get So Carried Away
rrhill said:
Growl Hell, Eject the little bastard. You are the ump, he doesn't have to like the call...let him go cry to his mom & dad. I deal with older kids at work and the 1st time they suck their teeth, mumble or act like an ass is the last...don't let me door hit ya where the lord split ya!
lmfao. shes right throw, toss his ass off and let him know whos boss. your paid to enforce, not play daddy and listen to his tantrums and be cuddle nice nice.

N

nora

you shouldve kicked dirt at the kid.. grab his baseball bat from him and launch it across the field and say "How's that for a strike zone you whiney lil [insert derogatory name here].. either you play or walk your stupid lil self off my gd field!"

yeah.. that'll show him who's boss alright... haha

LeosForLess

Well after that the count was 0-2 and 2 outs and they were losing in the last inning, the third pitch was in the dirt and i called a ball and he was pissed. These kids are so dumb, i tell the kid catcher"back up or your gunna get hit) so he doesnt back up cuz his coach told him to be close to throw the kid at 3 out, and what do u know, the next pitch the batter hits him. Well what do u know, it was MY fault for letting the batter be back in the box, so the other ump comes up and draws the batters box in just to make me look liek an idiot. So after that if the kid was too close to the plate i just grabbed his shirt and pulled him back. MY brother has ejected 2 people the last 2 games for swearing at him, and when the game was almost over i didnt want to eject the kid because there was 1 pitch left. My very first game i got scolded for cleaning the plate for the home team bu tnot cleaning it for the away team. I would enjoy ejecting sombody out for being rude, im tryin to think of a catchy thing to say and make him realize that i was ejecting hi. Like at a clinic i was told to say "Sir, woudl you liek to go across the street, or across town? Its your choice, i just dont want you on thsi feild". Anybody else know ant good ones? Thanks, PAul

N

nora

just start singing... "nah nah nah nah.. nah nah nah nah.. heyyyyyyy goodbyeeee!" and give em a farewell wave...

not only will that tick em off, but it will make for some good drama.. lol

N

nora

singing any POD song will most likely get you killed... besides there's nothing humorous about that.

The NY Gecko

Don't Get So Carried Away
nora said:
singing any POD song will most likely get you killed... besides there's nothing humorous about that.
I must question, why would it most likely get you killed, secondly, "Goodbye for now, soooo long"

Visit our friends