Looking for Advice / Help.

M

Misa

Hello everyone! I was going to make an introductory post first, but I think is much more important.

I think my little girl is sick. Her name is Gidjit, I bought her September 27, 2009 so I haven't even had her for a month yet. Normally I feed her 2 crickets a night, but haven't for the last 2/3 days due to the pet store not having any small ones and there is no way I'm feeding her big ones. (I live pretty far from the pet store.) I also leave a dish of mealworms and small calcium dish for her.

Too be honest, it seems all the problems started after I got her the calcium and re-arranged the tank. :(

Here is a picture of the tank and her. The photos are pretty bad, but I'm really worried, so as long as you can get the details. The tank is a 15 gallon and it's just her in there.

View attachment 28640 View attachment 28641

The temperature reads 85-87F during most days and the Humidity says it's at 40, where it always is (I'm not really sure how to measure it.) As you can see she is on reptile carpet, has two hiding places. (One under the tree in the back, not sure how much longer she can use it though!) The warm hide I spray daily to help with her shedding. (Two so far!) She also has a waterfall, which she seems to love! (I know most people are against the waterfall idea, but...)

Now, on to the problems / issues. First thing I'm concerned about is that even before I changed the tank, she is always trying to climb the glass (Now she climbs the plants as well!) I almost think she's trying to escape? Does she want to play or is she telling me something is wrong? :p

Next, which is my main reason for this post, her last two poos have been all white. Not runny or anything unusual other than the white. When I picked it up, it almost looked like it was just covered in white, brown on the inside. Her urate was there as normal. I was going to take a photograph, but I had just assumed it was from the recent calcium I begun giving her the day before the white poo.

Now today, there is no poo, only the urate. (You can see in the left corner of the photo.) Yesterday I found an uneaten cricket (which I took out right away!) and I haven't given her those in almost 3 days now. It doesn't look like she has touched the mealworms either. :( I'm very worried now. May I have stressed her out with the tank change? :main_huh:

I'm more than happy to provide any more information needed and I'm very grateful for any advice. Thank you in advance everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

ILoveGeckos14

Are you using an under the tank heat pad or just the light for heat source? The poop can come out white/grey when offered calcium for the first time so that seems fine. You hot side could be a little warmer like 88-90. You could also try dropping a mealie or two in front of her hide and see if she goes for em, some like the "hunt" more than the dish lol

M

Misa

Wonderful! Thanks so much, Jeanene! I'm relieved about the poo! :p I was so worried. I was actually just reading up on brumation (Is that how I would say it? lol :D) I have noticed she pretty much just sleeps and hangs out on the cool side. I'm gonna get her some crickets today and give her one and see how it goes. It may just be "hibernation" time for her. :)

EDIT: Also, yes there is a heat-pad as well. Do you know of any other way to increase the temp for her? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ReptarNDukeNukem

Gecko Newbie
I would suggest getting a bigger heat pad that goes basically 1/3 of the tank or a higher voltage heat pad.If you want to give her more food without worrying about left overs get a nice size box and put the the gecko in their and put the crickets and gecko in their for ten or so minutes,plus it is easier to see if she is hungry so she will eat more.

Visit our friends