Lost interest in crickets

Dakota_Ghost

Hey guys,

My leo, Amber, has lost interest in eating crickets. I've had her for just over a month now. For the first few weeks I fed her with just crickets. She seemed to enjoy them. I moved on to a combination of crickets and mealworms, and no problems there. I offered her some locusts and at first she seemed interested, and ate, but gradually became less interested.

Now, I'm trying to get her back to eating a mix of crickets and mealworms again. But now she doesn't seem to pay any interest at all to the crickets. If anything, she seems more scared of them! She's never had a problem with eating mealworms though. I'm thinking maybe she could have become lazy, and she knows that there's an easy meal to be had with the worms (she doesn't have to chase them, they're just sitting there). It's almost as if she has lost the ability to hunt, or she's just become very lazy.

I understand that I can't feed her just mealworms, and that a varied diet is essential, (hence why I offer her different types of feeders). Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can regain my leo's interest in crickets?

Thanks,

Dakota

p.s. The floor temp on the warm end is on average 95f. And air temp on cool end is 78f on average. It's a little warmer though recently due to the weather.

Last edited:

Khrysty

It's alright to only feed mealworms for a while. Just make sure you dust with a multivitamin. There are also many other feeder options that are less of a work-out than crix anyway. Try offering her different feeders and see what she likes.

Visit our friends