And the Henk, Cloud

henk2.jpg

henk3-1.jpg

henk1.jpg

henk4.jpg

:main_thumbsup:

M_surinamensis

Shillelagh Law
I really love Uroplatus myself. I kept them for a little while in the late nineties up until about 2002 and then moved them out to make room for other projects. I still regret that to this day- even though I like what I used the space for instead.

Your photos and the recent export situation has me strongly considering taking them up again and going all in to keep and breed them. I'm really only being stopped by the fact that I have not looked at the market for them in seven years and have no clue what sort of interested customer base exists when I went to move offspring. I'm less concerned with making boatloads of money than I am with getting stuck keeping anything I hatch because nobody else is interested.

For whatever it's worth, very nice shots. I love the detail and clarity and your choice of angles really compliments the body positioning of the animals pictured. Very clean shots and I appreciate the choices made to really emphasize the arboreal inclinations and the body/limb proportions. Quite well done.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
I really love Uroplatus myself. I kept them for a little while in the late nineties up until about 2002 and then moved them out to make room for other projects. I still regret that to this day- even though I like what I used the space for instead.

Your photos and the recent export situation has me strongly considering taking them up again and going all in to keep and breed them. I'm really only being stopped by the fact that I have not looked at the market for them in seven years and have no clue what sort of interested customer base exists when I went to move offspring. I'm less concerned with making boatloads of money than I am with getting stuck keeping anything I hatch because nobody else is interested.

For whatever it's worth, very nice shots. I love the detail and clarity and your choice of angles really compliments the body positioning of the animals pictured. Very clean shots and I appreciate the choices made to really emphasize the arboreal inclinations and the body/limb proportions. Quite well done.

Thanks. For what it's worth, my research has shown that cb Uroplatus are virtually non-existent in the US, and when cbs do become available they are usually gone within a heartbeat. The hardiness of cb VS wc animals is astoundingly different, and with the fewer numbers of imports that will be coming in, I expect demand to only increase. Even now most breeders do bloodline trades and rarely sell offspring, and those that do sell sell out almost immediately. I would highly doubt anyone who consistently produced cb leaf tails would have any problem selling them, especially since a) they have a fairly low productivity compared to other species like Eublepharids or Rhacodactylus, and b) even with their somewhat more advanced care requirement(and I continue to maintain that if environmental requirements are met Uroplatus are no more difficult to maintain or even breed than any other arboreal insectivorous gecko from a cool humid environment) they are unusual and beautiful animals that pretty much every herp enthusiast likes. I could produce hundreds of animals and sincerely doubt I would be stuck with a glut of hatchlings. The only thing holding me back from doing so is space limitation, these geckos as you know are active and large and in order to have serious success breeding them large naturalistic vivaria are required.

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
Lookin' good, Ted. I understand why you're in love.

PS- made a little headway in my search, I'll talk to ya next we're both around.

Visit our friends