Mack Snow....

lady.gekko

I "rescued" this lil girl..I've never seen this before on a Leo, so thought maybe someone could give me some hints as to what they think it may be.

Long story short, I work at a petstore, we ordered in some geckos and U.P.S first lost our shipment. Geckos without heat for a day and a half. I'm from Canada, at night things start to freeze now. In the order there was 2 Special Ordered fish, U.P.S litterally delivered the box (when they finally got it) like the opening scene from Ace Ventura, the first movie, no joke. Box marked "Live Animals, Rush Delivery" I yelled at the guy, stating there is live animals in the box, he said "oh" and laughed :furious3: as he "slammed" the box down on the counter and said "well it's falling apart anyway". There was water leaking from this box! The carboard didn't even hold together! I ripped open it, called our supplier, to find not only ice build up in the box/containers but the geckos were full of water. Now, it's been 3 days and everyone THANKFULLY pulled through.

I took this girl, because she is really sweet but I don't know why her skin on her neck, her sides also have it, are like this. I've been working with leo's for 10 years now, and never came across this. The only things that come to mind are 1. Dehydration - but she was soaking in water for god knows how long? 2. Underweight. 3. Sometimes young puppies have very 'loose" skin that they have to "grow" into, is this the case? Will it even go away?

She's eating, and is getting more active. I wish people would respect others property more. I'm sure the animals were severely stressed. Her brother is doing GREAT!

Anyway and thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
PS. Please don't "flame" about "petstore" animals and how we don't care they are "low quality" yadda yadda. Honestly I don't want to hear it. This wasn't our, or our suppliers fault. Thanks!

P9270003.jpg

P9270002.jpg

P9270001.jpg

Last edited:

robin

ok i think she is quite pretty, i am not seeing the skin thing. oh wait is it that skin dulap under her chin? i have never seen anything like that before. i have heard of it once but never saw photos. i know this doesnt help but even if it is a permanent thing. it may well be more cosmetic than anything (even though just in case you wouldn't want to breed her). give her time and tlc and see what hapens. i am sorry i could not help any i wish i could but i hope the best for her, she really is very pretty :)

robin

oh by the way (sorry) i think she is just a beautiful normal! nice bold markings! very pretty

HugeGenes&LoLa

If it's a flap of skin under her neck, then we have a baby with that too. He was also born with a foot turned inward, and had a lot of trouble eating for the first month. However, he's doing very well now (still quite a bit smaller than our other babies, since he won't eat as much) but I don't think the skin has anything to do with the eating problems. I think it was just a result of how he formed in the egg. Since he hasn't grown up yet, I can't say that he will grow out of it, but I don't think you have anything to worry about. Good luck with your little girl! I'm so glad she survived the nasty trip. :)

lady.gekko

Thanks guys, I don't do breeding so I don't care if her "flaps" stay. I just thought if it's something I could "fix" I would.

I thought that she's a normal too, but our supplier claims differently, so I dunno! Mack/or Regular, she's very sweet! :)

Visit our friends