Male or Female? Sexing help please!

Sidviciouser

These geckos were all born sometime in April. Is it too soon to tell what sex they are? I can post bigger pics if you need them.

3703249442_a2292d5824.jpg

3702443987_d47316dc83.jpg

3702445535_376b490674.jpg

3703255650_fc03eeac5e.jpg

3702450391_158e4c1df6.jpg

Thanks for the help.

Olimpia

La Española
You should be able to sex geckos as young as 6 weeks, but that might require some kind of magnifying glass to check for pores.

The only one I think might be male is the last one. I think I see pores... but I can't be certain.

snowgyre

#5 looks like a boy, the rest look like girls. Believe or not, I can sex geckos better from the side than I can by flipping them at that age. Can you take pictures of them on the ground from the side?

Also, both sexes have pores in leopard geckos, unlike in crested geckos. It's just that the males get much larger pores than females. At this age the pores are virtually identical between genders. I always use the presence of hemipenal bulges as a reliable way to sex at this age.

Sidviciouser

#5 looks like a boy, the rest look like girls. Believe or not, I can sex geckos better from the side than I can by flipping them at that age. Can you take pictures of them on the ground from the side?

Also, both sexes have pores in leopard geckos, unlike in crested geckos. It's just that the males get much larger pores than females. At this age the pores are virtually identical between genders. I always use the presence of hemipenal bulges as a reliable way to sex at this age.

That's what I think. I'll try to get some angled shots. I think 4 and 5 are males and the rest fems.

mainelygeckos

I agree..the last looks to be male and the others female to me. I have a hatchling that I get from pet** and did not ask approx age but already has buldges and not even 10 grams yet. I have two otehrs I had since they were also hatchlings and knew one to def be female and the other had me guessing. I had recieved the guessing game in March and still was uncertain until less tehn 2 weeks ago after getting my most recent hatchling. Now I know it's female and looks similar to number 1 and 2. Good luck but I do believe last male, rest females :)

Sidviciouser

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I think #4 is a male too. It's hard to tell in the pics, but he is developing some bulges. The bulges aren't big, but notice how there are two "bumps" instead of one in the center. I'll have to get a better pic, and an angled pic when I get back from camping this weekend.

Here is a bigger pic of #4.
3703255650_fc03eeac5e_b.jpg

Visit our friends