male super hypo tang carrot tail worth..

P

pac-man

$135???
i was looking for females but found breeder near me.
so you think $135 is good for a SHTCT?

S

Sarah H

Depends on coloring really. The more orange the more expensive.
I'm near you too, in Northern VA.
I will have some females available soon, they will be juvies though.

P

pac-man

oo cool!
yeah i think if i get this leo im going to lay back fro a while...until i get more room...im planning on breeding and keeping a few hatchlings...i already got 4.3.2 leos so im running outta room.
but this leo has nice colors.

B

Brian O

$135 seems a little steep unless she is a Baldy. It also depends on the amount of CT. I am not trying to promote but I am selling SHTCT for around $75. I have seen others that are around this also.
Who are you thinking of buying from. That also has a lot to do with the price.

John N

JCN Reptiles
Like what everyone is saying, it depends.

That male that you were thinking of buying from me was at that table that you bought the deformed eye leo from lol.

P

pac-man

ok well maybe ill look around...brian..you say you hae one for 75???lol

B

Brian O

I swear I wasn't trying to steal a sale John. I didn't know he was talking about someone here on the forum. I was just trying to inform him on current prices.
I am in the middle of updating my site but if you go to my contact page on my website you'll find my email adress. Tell me exactly what you are looking for and I'll send some current pics to you.

John N

JCN Reptiles
Brian, I know. The male that was stated up top was one he was thinking of buying like a year ago. BTW, he the shtct hes talking about isnt from me lol.

G & M Geckos

Margaritaville Tour Guide
Fred,

Everyone is very correct when they say it depends. The six main things to look for is

1) Is the gecko healthy?
2) Is it a baldy? One spot can bring the price down.
3) What is the shade of orange/yellow/red? This can be very difficult to determine with out seeing the gecko in person. Plus to make it harder top breeders such as Urban (Tornados), Kelli (electric), and Dan (thefireman) are starting to produce some really nice reddish geckos that will most likely bring the tangs down a little more over the next couple of years.
4) Carrot has always been more carrot more $. The problem is not many can agree on where it ends. So you get different opions about how much carrot the same gecko has.
5) Who is selling the gecko? Top breeders get top money. Example: Urban sells their 5 star tangs for what 450 and up. Gregg from this forum has an ad up for a five star pure urban line tang for 250.
6) Do you like it? This is the most important. Get what you like at what you are comfortable spending.

I hope this helps. BTW 75 is a good price.

DanTheFireman

Lots of good points brought out, guys. Gotta love the enthusiasm. One thing about the baldies, I'm bald but am much less expensive than Tom Cruise who isn't. The more intense the color, the higher the price. My personal favorites are the reddish orange ones with intense orange head patterns. It's a great time for people just shopping around to buy their first few animals. For a relatively small sum you have your choice of a myriad of phenomenal geckos that weren't even dreamed of a short time ago. Have fun.

Visit our friends