• mango2.jpg
    mango2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 63
  • mango.jpg
    mango.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 59

Dwaggie

could mango be a giant?
she's the heaviest of the bunch with 64 gramms, but since she's not even quite a year old (hatched in may/june i believe) and doesn't look chubby to me, i was wondering if there's a possibility she might be a giant

since i don't know anything about their parents, i can't say if she has giant genes
the only info from the breeder that was relayed to me was that she's a high yellow banded cross (or EITHER a high yellow or banded cross. i don't know, it said both on her box and i couldn't read it properly)

yadda yadda
i love her and it doesn't make a difference, i'm just curious about it and would love to know :)

attachment.php

here she is, sitting on my gameboy DS for slight size reference (just before shedding. the skin was all gone the next morning and there was no leftovers anywhere, which i'm very glad about)

Attachments

• IMG_3298.jpg
    IMG_3298.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 37

Neon Aurora

Nope, not a giant. 64 grams is a pretty standard weight for an adult female leopard gecko. Giants are more often 100-120 grams. Nice gecko, though. =)

That gecko has a stripe pattern, just FWI. So I'm not sure what the breeder meant by "banded cross". Maybe they mean that one of the parents was banded. Based on the info and pictures, I would call your gecko a high yellow stripe.

Dwaggie

ah okay :)
she's not quite adult yet, but i guess she's just normal big
i just noticed she's quite a big bigger than the other two, even with them being roughly the same age (just a week or two apart)

and thank you for the info on her colors!
:main_yes:

Christywoowoo

They tend to grow at different rates x3 I have one that took almost two years to reach normal size and one that did it in 6 months. It all depends on a mixture genes, diet, heating, and vitamins.

Neon Aurora

I agree with above. I've noticed that growth rates are incredibly variable. I have some that grew to adult size in no time and others around the same age that are not nearly that big. They all get fed and housed the same, so I've had to chalk it up to genetics.

Visit our friends