Marking of eggs

cherishedtiger

I have seen and heard of people marking their eggs. I guess to indicate genetics or for whatever information.
What do you use (type of pen) to mark eggs with???

I was going to do this, but wasnt sure if there was a specific type of pen to use, or to watch out for toxicity or anything.

Thanks!

(Again, I am new to breeding geckos! But apparently I am pretty good at it) :D

cherishedtiger

Cool thanks! I guess that was my next question... being a newbie to all this, what do you mark on your eggs? Direction, paring info... dots, lines etc. But a general direction mark makes sense. Not that I have yet dared to touch mine once set in the vermiculite... lol.

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
I just put a line for orientation... I have also used those "Thin/Pen like" sharpies to write dates an the eggs. I write all genetic information on the lid of the deli cup.

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
Like Alex said, I label all my genetic info on the deli cup lids. I do it like this

Date laid
Male X Female
Clutch number
Expected hatch date​

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
With the SIM, using the lid for ID wouldn't be very practical. When we use deli cups we label that way but if we are using a SIM we will label them similar to...

This
IMG_4237.jpg

Super Nova from 09 :)

cherishedtiger

Yup, I have been doing deli cups, and since I only have 1 breeding pair (that I am aware of) I guess I dont need to worry about genetic info, just yet anyway.
Good to know about the marking of the direction, and all my hatch and date info is on the lids to the deli cups, so I guess, for a first timer I am doing something right!

Visit our friends