Meet Luna!

maverickgrl79

i just adopted my first Leo! she is 3 years old and very sweet. how long until i can expect her to eat? is there any irresistible gecko crack i can give her? so far she has not come out of her hide at all. i know i am being a nervous nelly but i just want to do right by her. 100_2485.JPG 100_2487.JPG

Amanda1

3 Year Member
It may take her a week or so until she is comfortable enough to eat. She's got a healthy amount of fat stored in her tail so she'll be just fine. You could try any type of feeder bug (crickets, worms, or roaches) and see what she goes for, since some individuals have their favorites. I wouldn't feed her on that sand though, since it could hurt her if she ingests any, so you could put her in a plastic tub with paper towels or something for feeding time. Also, she needs to get used to the sounds and routine of her new home before she'll be out much. Leos are nocturnal so you may not see her much during the day anyway. You could get a red bulb so you can watch her at night without disturbing her.

maverickgrl79

she is so cool it is hard to see but she is light yellow and lavender . when she settles in i will get some good pics of her. so what so you all think would be a good color male to get for her?

maverickgrl79

UPDATE... Luna has been here for a little over 24 hours now she has come out of hiding on her own and eaten a few mealworms from my hand! makes me happy ! guess its a good thing i am nocturnal too huh? hahahaha

maverickgrl79

so i picked up a big male carrot tail today i think that is what he is he was in a tank with so much dusty white sand stuff he looks like a mime. i felt bad i could not get the babies one was missing its tail they said it was bitten off they were both skinny. probably like 4 inches long and you could see ribs and a spaghetti tail. it was sad but i got the big guy(whos was in his own tank) he is in a quarantine tank right now i will try to get the powder off him tomorrow. Luna has been out and about most of this evening and has hunted down like 4 big crickets lol.

Visit our friends