Millipedes explosion!!

jfenton954

Hi everyone!! Everything seems to explode in my tank lol first it was a grain mite explosion now it seems to be these millipedes.. Are they harmful? Also I don't see any more of my springtails do they eat them? Let me know what everybody thinks. Thanks.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416931542.264874.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I'm here, but I don't really know what to say. I'm generally a fan of leaving the "incidental flora and fauna" that show up in my gecko enclosures and keeping an eye on them to make sure everyone is OK, which is what I'd do in your position. You may also want to read up on millipedes to see if you learn anything that suggests they shouldn't stay in there.

Aliza

Amanda1

3 Year Member
Millipedes are harmless, and will clean up feces and dead plant matter. I add them to my terrariums whenever I find them (from a clean, pesticide-free area). I'm not 100% sure that those are millipedes though; they don't look like mine. If they are centipedes, then I'd get rid of them, those suckers can bite. Also centipedes eat my millipedes, which makes me mad.

jfenton954

Cool thanks guys. They are on the feces and dead leaves. Also on any dead Dubai roaches on the ground.

jfenton954

I googled them and found that they are garden millipedes also non toxic. Thanks for your help guys!!

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Sounds like you got a free cleanup crew to take care of business!

Visit our friends