Miracle grow perlite

brunerbags

Hey my fine folks .... I've read a few places that some people have had successful hatch rates using perlite with miracle grow .... I'm thinkin it would be toxic to the babies or the egg In general ... What's y'all's take on this . .. I'm goin with using some hatchrite with my newly purchased little giant and hopefully I can hatch some babies instead of losing them

Jetfire

I might be mistaken,but I'm pretty sure that the perlite is just miracle grow branded,it's likely just regular perlite. If I'm wrong,feel free to correct me. why not just plain old vermiculite,works like a charm if you pay a little attention. If there are miracle grow chemicals in the perlite,there's always the likelihood of chemicals leaching through the permeable eggshell,and wreaking unknown havoc. personally,I wouldn't risk it.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I use plain perlite with nothing added and it's worked well for me. I also use the SIM, which means that the eggs are suspended above the substrate rather than being buried in it.

Aliza

brunerbags

The perlite does have a small amount of fertilizer in it... I returned it to the store and ordered hatchrite

Visit our friends