Mixed issues (lol)

Jsmithusar

Ok so got a question. Can satanic leaf tails and mossy tailed geckos be kept together if the cage is big enough. I don't know a whole lot about the two spices so please put in ur two cents and what ever knowledge u might have thanks

Geckomaster743

I would prefer you dont mix the two species. Dogs and cats may not fight some times but mixing two reptile species can result in serious injury to ethier of them or by chance inbreeding. Honestly im just saying things that can happen... Im not really sure about mixing species.

Styx

Absolutely not.

They are all delicate at best, with the Phantasticus being more delicate than the Sikorae. In addition to that is the size. A Sikorae is much bigger and could view a Satanic as a meal. When you add to that the limited numbers of these animals out there, due to the recent restrictions on importation and the difficulty in keeping and breeding them successfully in captivity it's not something that a Uroplatus keeper should try, in my opinion. For the welfare of the animals it's best to keep all species in a separate enclosure.

Geckomaster743

Absolutely not.

They are all delicate at best, with the Phantasticus being more delicate than the Sikorae. In addition to that is the size. A Sikorae is much bigger and could view a Satanic as a meal. When you add to that the limited numbers of these animals out there, due to the recent restrictions on importation and the difficulty in keeping and breeding them successfully in captivity it's not something that a Uroplatus keeper should try, in my opinion. For the welfare of the animals it's best to keep all species in a separate enclosure.
Wow, Well put Styx. So Jsmith do not mix species, At pets store you may see Long tail lizards and Anoles being stored together but thats a big no. Animals with similar care or names shouldnt be grouped together because of Size diference and unexpected behavior because some of these animals may never see each other in the wild and may assume each other to be predators.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Yah - I wouldn't risk it. Both animals will thrive much easier and much more in separate enclosures.

Diego:)

3 Year Member
Well one is called satanic... maybe keep them in two different enclosures :)

Visit our friends