Monthly cost of feeding Crested Gecko

Hilde

I am in the planning stage of getting a Crested Gecko. Trying to figure out what it would cost monthly to feed it dry food. If you can help tell me:
1 Brand and type of food
2 Cost weekly or monthly

Thanks

enoughbubbles456

I am getting a crested gecko next week, they are probably one of the easiest lizards to look after.

1. The dry food/powder you need is rather rapashy or pangea.

2. The dry food lasts awhile you will probably have to buy a new one(depends how much you get) every 2-4 months maybe? Here in the uk they are about £10 a bottle/jar, so it won't cost a fortune.

You could also add a few crickets/small dubias a week(if it likes them) but it's not totally nessisary - they are £2 a tub.

This will be my first crestie so you might have to wait until someone more experienced answers..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mauvelous

Hey there. I'm Canadian so please keep in mind this is all relative information based on what is available in my region.
I'm also going to restate a bunch of things said by the above post.
Rested geckos can be kept exclusively on meal replacement powder (MRP) which is often called crested gecko diet (CGD).
The most popular brand is Pangea.
It comes in a number of different flavours with their newest and arguably most well received diet with insects. It's I believe $8 USD, and they will ship internationally for a fee.
As a result of very few local retailers of Pangea, I personally use Repashy CGD.
I buy 1 bottle at $11 Canadian every 3-4mo which is a roughly equivalent cost to Pangea.
I also occasionally supplement her diet with dusted mealworm pupae but this is entirely unnecessary and purely for my pleasure.
I own a leopard gecko as well so this comes out of her feeder insects.
It works out to be about $1/wk for the powder if you average it out.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Visit our friends