More Black Pearls

hybrid

How bout just "Pearl" because its a morph from the black pearls! I love all the geckos posted. Now how about gettin them here so i can purchase them!

Halley

I just had a few questions about the Black Pearl’s genetics.

First, just out of curiosity how do you know the last gecko even has the Black Pearl gene? I don’t mean to be critical but the only black I see in the gecko is spots on its head, and a few on the tail. This is pretty typical in a SHT, and to me shows nothing special. Did you test breed it, to confirm it does indeed have the Black Pearl gene in the mix?

DSCF5554.jpg

First adult combo morph. That is warm grey SHTCT Black Pearl. Any idea how to name this morph?

Also, in a few other posts you said you believed the Black Pearls to be recessive.

now we are sure that's recessive...
Regards
Konrad

Hi,

I would like to present you second and third generation of BP's. Super Hypo BP on first picture is so solid black that shining on photo light :main_yes: Now we are almost sure that's simple recessive mutation.

But on the “Breeder” section of your site (http://www.livingartgeckos.com/breeders1.html) , you have animals listed as Super Black Pearls, Black Pearls, and Black Pearl siblings.
The same Super Black Pearl and Black Pearl after two months...
Two years old Super Black Pearl female...
Two Super Black Pearl hatchlings with two Black Pearl siblings...
So I was just wondering what form of inheritance the black pearl actually is, as “Super form” suggest that it is co-dominate, but you have repeatedly said that it is recessive.

Thanks for your time, and I look forward to your answers.

Great looking animals btw :main_thumbsup:

skmcwilliams

Yep, I better start being extra sweet to hubby so he hands over the dough for one of these:D I also think Coal would be cool. I'm with Paul I would love to see more pics in a different light setting.

Gregg M

Registered Member
Far from the "holy grail" of leo morphs, but they are cool... I too am a bit unsure of the reality of the genetics and would really like to see some natural light photos and breeding results... Maybe even some BP "hets"... Your photos seem to be a bit contrasty in my opinion... They look awesome in the photos but I would love to see what they really look like...

D

DLS Reptile

Awesome geckos! But then again I am yet to see one of your geckos that isn't beautiful!!:)

justindh1

I like the colors of the hypo and black pearl cross. It has more of a tan leather color. Should call it either a hypo pearl, a leather banded pearl if it keeps its tan bands, or a hypo leather banded pearl.:main_thumbsup:

They do look similar to a hypo snow but i don't see too many that have a tan tan that goes up half its tall.

I don't see how this could be recessive because to me they look like a dark normal leopard geckos that had its spots blend into each other but i'm not that smart on genetics. When they get all blackc or mostly then i will get crazy over them but they arn't that amazing as adults or most of them arn't from what I can tell in the pics.

Visit our friends