Morph question

ashley_nicole

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417908885.876855.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417908993.911001.jpg

This is my baby crested gecko Frankie. I know she has Dalmatian in her but my boyfriend and I weren't sure what else she could be. Any guesses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

indyana

She has some tiger or brindle patterning on her sides. It would be easier to see if she were fired up though.

Also, it looks as though your little one might be developing a tail issue commonly called Floppy Tail Syndrome. Her tail is canted to the side oddly in the last picture, but it could just be the way the picture was taken. You would know better from your interactions with her.
JB's Cresties said:
A tail which is bent near the vent to one side, or up over the gecko's body, is called "floppy tail syndrome" (sometimes "FTS"). Formerly thought to be caused by a diet lacking in calcium, it is now generally believed that floppy tail is brought on instead by geckos sleeping face-down on branches or enclosure surfaces so their tail will flop over their heads, or perhaps a weakness in the genetic line compounded with sleeping face-down. While this is now not thought to be an indication of poor health, it can lead to hip problems. If you find your gecko is sleeping upside-down often, try lifting it off of the surface it's on and setting it on a more horizontal surface. Also, always make sure your gecko has plenty of items in its enclosure for its tail to wrap around as it sleeps.

JB's Crested Gecko Info

Last edited:

ashley_nicole

I don't have any pictures so far of her fired up :(

And I think it might be the angle of the picture but I will definitely look into it to be safe. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visit our friends