Morph question

neubauer geckos

Anthony Neubauer
I have a couple of questions on leopard gecko morphs.1st,how do I produce jungles,and second,how do I produce bold stripes and bold jungles?like what do I cross?

artgecko

The easiest way would be to purchase some geckos with these traits already and breed them. Then selectively breed the ones that best look like what you are after, breed them, etc.

Neo.Reptiliac

Its believed that Jungles are a line bred trait. So you should breed jungles to more jungles to get a good precentage of that pattern.
Bold stripes are Incomplete Recessive, but Line-Bred and Recessive Bold Stripes are currently being considered the same Genotype.
Some times I'm a little dumb when it comes to morphs. So I cant tell you how they where originaly made. Most the time morphs are total flukes that happened by accident.

godzillizard

Alot of us believe that the original jungle genes came from Afghanicus breedings, so if you want to start your own personal line of jungle, that would be naturally bold, get yourself some nice Afgs! Then breed them to the most melanistic lines you can get your hands on to increase the bold factor :)

Visit our friends