Morph

vansteen1991

I plan on adopting this guy and wanna know if anyone can spot what morph or traits this guy might have. Thank you and hello to everyone in the forum. I'm new to the Leo's and plan on eventually trying to breed. Thanks for all the good info

LoveReps

Looks like a super hypo tangerine to me. Could have some recessive traits that go undetected but only the breeder would be able to tell you the exact genetics. Hope this helped and welcome to the forums

vansteen1991

I appriciate it. This is a guy from Craiglist looking to re-home him for $50. Probably can't find the breeder but I'm just happy to have an idea of the morph. Thank you

LoveReps

You're welcome. You can ask the owner if he has the contact information for the breeder in case you plan on breeding him in the future. That's a pretty reasonable price for that gecko. I just rescued the same morph the other day (profile pic) and they weren't going to let me take in the gecko unless I paid an $80 rehoming fee for her even though they didn't really care for her at all. The money didn't matter to me but for how careless they were towards this gecko they should have just given her to me, especially since I had to drive an hour out to their location and an hour back!

vansteen1991

Yeah he's fairly close to me and from the picture I think he's taken care of decently but seems like a small tank. Im going to be putting him in a rack setup so I hope he can acclimate alright to it. I feel the tubs make them feel more secure but who knows. Everyone has there own way of doing things lol

LoveReps

My resue was housed in a crested gecko setup. You know the small square cages that are taller than they are wide? Yeah... She's in a 20 gallon long now. But yeah I house my ball python in a tub after switching him from a 40 gallon breeder and he seems to be more active. I think it's because the plastic isnt as transparent as a glass tank so it makes them feel safer. I can also control his temp and humidity far better than I could in a glass tank so a tub setup is better but thats just my opinion.

Visit our friends