moss moist hides for hatchlings

sammer021486

I have never come across it in my readings, but is it safe to make a sphagnum moss moist hide for hatchlings or is there a big fear of ingesting the moss when they are just out of the egg.

I use coco fiber for my adults and if they ingest any of it, it passes without a problem because the coco is ground up so fine. I try to remove any long strands I see in the adults moist hides.

I figured that the moss being larger wouldn't pose a problem.

darkridder

Melissa the Scientist
Honestly a moist hide isnt really needed for these guys as you should be misting them down twice a day as it is. But if you do I would suggest the moss over coco fibers.

sammer021486

Honestly a moist hide isnt really needed for these guys as you should be misting them down twice a day as it is. But if you do I would suggest the moss over coco fibers.

I was more so wondering about creating a cool place to hide when it gets warmer here.

We get nasty heat waves here of 86° on occasion, the average temperature is actually pretty cool though, normally around 58°.

I keep my hatchlings in small kritter keepers with paper towel and a small plastic for hiding, they get misted 2-3 times a day and are provided with a small water dish.

Visit our friends