Multiple Housing

koloj

My first EVER leopard gecko hatched :D:main_laugh::2thumbsup:, and I was just wondering if it would be okay to house the hatchlings from my second clutch with the one gecko I have now in a 10 gallon tank. Thanks

Dimidiata

To add to that, not unless they are all the same size and weight. Not NEAR, ARE. Trust me, you do not want bullying this young. How far off is the second clutch.

koloj

second clutch was laid jan. 22 first was laid jan. 4 so 18 days, is that too long?

Dimidiata

In my opinon, plan for a second tank. 1, no garuntee the second clutch will hatch as quick or take as long. They may hatch out much later then the first. 18 days in juvis can be a nice diffrence in size, maybe after the second clutch is a few weeks if they catch up to the first. Just dont put them togather if they are of diffrent size.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
As I've posted before, a few years ago I had a 3 week old hatchling get through the partition to the newly hatched pair on the other side. The 3 week old was hungry and took off the tails of the new ones. I think there's a big difference between hatchlings that are eating and those that are too young to eat. I do keep my clutchmates together unless they develop a big size difference and I mix and match hatchlings of similar weights and different birth dates with no problem. I only do this with well-started geckos though. Keep the new ones separate from older ones till they start eating and gaining weight.

Aliza

Visit our friends