my 1st ever hatchling!!!

W

wezzie20

im so proud of my leo's!!
feel free to give me advice on how to look after my hatchling :)

zeb.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wezzie20

hi, thank u!
just want to know how often i should feed her and whats the best food.

BalloonzForU

Congrats! What a little cutie you have there!

First off, he/she will not eat till after it's first shed. I would house it on paper towels that are kept moist for the first few weeks. Feed small cricket and/or small meal worms or small supers (if you can find them). You'll know the little guy has shed once you find green poop on the paper towels. Hope this helps.

W

wezzie20

hi thanks!!!!
it has shed already and have fed it 2 crickets, how often should it be fed? ie how many crickets? and each day or every few days?
the books i have aren't very clear.
thanks for the help :)

robin

i would feed her everyday. i would give her as much as she wants (i would not leave any uneaten food items in with her overnight). you may want to switch back and fourth from crickets to mealies. i generally start my babies on mealies from day one. she looks very nie and healthy :)

W

wezzie20

thanks for your help :) i'v just brought some mini mealies to keep her happy lol

robin

BalloonzForU said:
Congrats! What a little cutie you have there!

First off, he/she will not eat till after it's first shed. I would house it on paper towels that are kept moist for the first few weeks. Feed small cricket and/or small meal worms or small supers (if you can find them). You'll know the little guy has shed once you find green poop on the paper towels. Hope this helps.
"poop cork"

W

wezzie20

hi, thanks, i just had another 2 hatch yesterday, will get their pics up soon :),
these are the parents, top one is the male
gerald.jpg

female

sue-large.jpg

W

wezzie20

its beach chips, I haven't had any problems with it before and i know alot of reptile shops that use it. what would you recomend is best?

brandy101010

Yes paper towl is th ebest choice. but if you want something that looks a little better. you can try reptile carpet or tile. all babies should be kept on paper towl though.

W

wezzie20

the babies are on paper, i will do some more research into how safe the chips are, thanks for your help :)

Visit our friends