MY ADULT CRESTEDS BREEDING THIS SEASON!

S

sacredcreatures

Here is a few cresteds I will be breeding this season, a couple are still too young but should be ready at the end of spring. I have 5 pics to show but I Have Many More to add soon TX Deb

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sacredcreatures

Jeanne, I forgot to mention that the last one is gravid!!! Can't wait for the eggs! This is my first year breeding Cresteds so any sugestions would be great. Like how long do they retain the eggs, how long till they hatch and what is the best temps to keep them at for hatching. Keep in mind I have two incubators right now I should get my big one in Feb/March from a friend? But each species has different temps for incubation. I have Beardies, Leos, Fatties and Cresteds. This is my 4th year for Beardies, Third year for Leos, and First year for Fatties and Cresteds. I have over 40 cresties but many are babies and probably won't breed this year. I'll be showing more babies and sub adults soon, They are growing great and the Bi-color one I got from you is a boy for sure but thats cool because I have alot of red females. And I have a creamsicle and he/she is awesome. I can't wait for breeding age on these. Thanks, Deb

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Hey Deb,

Cresteds aren't temperature sexable (so far as we know), so the incubator temps aren't as important. I incubate mine at about 78 and get a mix of males and females. You can incubate them anywhere between 70 and 80 degrees. Some people think that if you incubate them at the lower temps you will get more females, but it will take a long time for them to hatch. At 78 degrees mine take about 65 days to hatch.

The Females lay eggs about once every 5 weeks, but I had one female lay 2 months in between, I thought she was done, but she surprised me :)

Let me know if you have anymore questions :)

Visit our friends