My baby crestie died :(

LeslyErin86

So I've had him for nearly a month now & he just died. He starved himself. I have another gecko who is about a year and a half old & he's done just fine. I had a little trouble with him eating at first but I put a little on his face a couple times & fed him some crickets in a seperate container so he could catch them easily & he did just fine. Well I did the same & more with this new one & I couldnt even get him to lick the food off his face. I did find 3 little tiny spots of poop though but I just saw him shrinking & he died today :( Do you think he was just too stressed out? I put him in a seperate cage & tried to leave him alone so he could adjust & not be stressed out but when he wasnt eating or moving... I would take him out & try hand feeding him. He had plenty of hidy space in his cage & water & food (the gecko diet) & good tempurature... good humidity, i sprayed his cage daily. So I just dont get it... I am so sad... I wanted Percy to have a freind when this one got big enough. He was so cute too! :(

Adinar

Unfortunetally if they won't eat there's not much you can do. Sounds like you were doing everything right, even when you were trying to assist feed. Sometimes that's all you can do, if they don't make it it's not your fault. If you did find poop, he was eatting a bit, just not enough. Not much you can do about that, it's up to them. Did you get this one from a breeder/petstore? Anything else that might've been a little off other than just eatting issues?

LeslyErin86

I got him from a pet store so who knows... could have not been eating there either. But I don't think amycus had a pericite I had him for at least a mon. & found 2 of the tiniest prices of poop. Which he did eat off his face when I 1st had him. He just hid all day poor guy. He is now barrier in a plant in my room so his spirit lives on!

Visit our friends