my crested egg

DroppedTail91

I have a crested gecko egg that is roughly 60 days old. it hasnt hatched yet and it has had mold on it at one point that i wiped off. when candled it looks like there is something in it but it doesnt look like its a gecko. could it be that the egg has just hardened or something cause there is just a lil air bubble then the black. so idk what is going on.

Apocalypse910

3 Year Member
I know a few people said it here but definitely keep waiting. Incubation is dependent on a lot of factors so the time can vary quite a bit. Some of the care-sheets even listed the time period as being 60-70 days so depending on temp that isn't too unusual.

As for candling you won't be able to see anything recognizable as a gecko especially late in the incubation process. They are curled up tightly in the egg and it will be difficult to make out anything besides a dark mass in the egg.

The best guideline I've seen is to incubate until they hatch or stink. Good Luck!

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
Yes, please wait. I opened an egg that I though was dead... and it was after I opened it. So please hang in there! It really sucks to be wrong.

DroppedTail91

thanks Guru. im waiting for my females to get bigger again. gain some weight. the last people who bred them bred them when they were light weights so im waiting till there around the 38 gram mark i think.

Visit our friends