My Crested Gecko Hasn't Shed!?!

uroplatus99

mine shed pretty fast... If I don't catch the haze skin before the shed... I don't catch the shed... I am betting you are just not seeing it. I happens alot when we sleep.

ajveachster

I agree with everybody else. I happen to be up in the middle of the night being a third shift worker so I have caught them a couple times. I think cresties and gargoyles are really hard to catch because they can be fired up with skin that's about ready to shed, and they just look like they didn't fire up.

anbu

mine is shedding right now and its goin quick. i looked at her for a minute, cam back an hour later and she had shed skin all over lol.

touch 13

Euble_Rhac_Gekko
My crested has shed 3 TIMES SINCE Feb 21st!! 3 TIMES!! i dont think his previous owner was providing him enough calcium or something, he's 2 years old and shed that many times within 3 weeks

A good way to tell if he is or isnt, isnt always seeing him shed, its finding the pile of skin in the tank somewhere. I provide my cresteds with a slab of cork bark, and my male is constantly rubbing against it, as if he was itchy. at 3-4AM when your hear the sound of leaves being stompped, is actually my male trying to rip it all off. =]

WulfSC

My cresties, and leos eat their skin. I've seen them all shed, but it's usually at really weird hours. Usually around 2am or so in the morning.

Visit our friends