My faux rock wall

77gecko

what's one more....
I was inspired by many of the folks on here making faux rock walls, so I did one last week for my big tank. Gus and Gwen are climbers (I think they're Crested Geckos suck in Leo bodies :main_laugh: ) So I added a couple of shelves for them.

It looks pinkish red in the pics, but it's a terra cotta clay color with dark red brushed on top of that :)

They both have climbed up the wall to sit on the top ledge :main_rolleyes:
2009_11110002.jpg

2009_11110003.jpg

2009_11110005.jpg

2009_11090009.jpg

Gus, "I claim this wall!"
2009_11110006.jpg

77gecko

what's one more....
cool, but your gecko... maybe could loose a few?

I see nothing wrong with my girl, she is not very long because she was stunted because she was nearly starved to death when I got her from some idiot, so she carries her weight a little uneven.

Do you think she be better off the way I got her 3 1/2 months ago? She was 8 months old and weighed 14 grams. If she wants to eat until she explodes, she can. I will never deprive of food. She weighs a mere 45 grams, I think that is fine.
2009_08040006.jpg

Tommy13b

Nice rockwall. but yeah, 45 is considered tiny, my male is going to hit the 100's soon, he is 95 and still growing.

Misstasha

OoOoOo looove the tile flooring!! was thinking bout doing that for my all my tanks - problem is I'm going to be using heat tape as my heating method... What do you use ? And how do you keep your temps up?!?!

77gecko

what's one more....
I use zoo-med uths on both my tanks (both have tile) the tile heat up fine! I use a light switch dimmer to adjust my temps down. I love the tile too, nice to look at and easy to clean when they poop on it instead of their paper towel poop corners. :)

It's just regular floor tile from lowes.

Misstasha

I use zoo-med uths on both my tanks (both have tile) the tile heat up fine! I use a light switch dimmer to adjust my temps down. I love the tile too, nice to look at and easy to clean when they poop on it instead of their paper towel poop corners. :)

It's just regular floor tile from lowes.

But do you put the UTH under the tile or under the tank bottom?!

Visit our friends