My female adult leopard

denis.neil

I just got an adult female jungle tremper albino and she's really under she roughly 2 years of age and she weights 23.2 grams and I'm very concerned for her how can I put weight on her quickly?? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405911261.703636.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405911271.229603.jpg

Amanda1

3 Year Member
She's got a decent amount of fat on her, so I don't think she's in immediate danger. Waxworms are high in fat, but I would only feed those sparingly. I've used dubia nymphs to fatten up a leo who was much thinner than her, dusted in calcium and multivitamins from Rep-Cal. I used calcium + vitamin D at first, since he was so malnourished, then switched to calcium without vitamin D once he put on some weight. Worked great for me. Just be patient, she'll be back to normal in time. :)

Amanda1

3 Year Member
She's got a decent amount of fat on her, so I don't think she's in immediate danger. Waxworms are high in fat, but I would only feed those sparingly. I've used dubia nymphs to fatten up a leo who was much thinner than her, dusted in calcium and multivitamins from Rep-Cal. I used calcium + vitamin D at first, since he was so malnourished, then switched to calcium without vitamin D once he put on some weight. Worked great for me. Just be patient, she'll be back to normal in time. :)

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
You can't really do anything quickly. If possible, she should have a vet visit with a stool sample to make sure she doesn't have parasites, because if she does, you can feed her as much as you want and she may continue to lose weight. Offer her food every day until she starts refusing (the bigger ones don't need to eat every day). Make sure the feeders have nutritious gut load since that will translate to your gecko's nutrition as well.

Aliza

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
She looks decently sized. Agreed that it won't benefit her to just put weight on her quickly, even if you could do it - it wouldn't be healthy for her. Just feed her the good stuff and regularly and she will adopt to the weight she needs to be. Is she eating fairly regularly and the right amounts?

Visit our friends