My first AFT!

BalloonzForU

I posted this little on in the show off forum too, but thought she needed to go here too. Plus I have some questions. Stripe het Amel.

Picture_035_op_800x600.jpg

I really don't know anything about morphs with these guys. Is the stripe recessive? I know amel is. What kind of changes in color will I see. I can look at a leo this size and have a very good idea what it's going to look like as it grows, but I've never watched one of these guys grow up.

Also, how many morphs are their, Amel, Stripe, JMG's new White Out, and?

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
BalloonzForU said:
I really don't know anything about morphs with these guys. Is the stripe recessive? I know amel is. What kind of changes in color will I see. I can look at a leo this size and have a very good idea what it's going to look like as it grows, but I've never watched one of these guys grow up.

Also, how many morphs are their, Amel, Stripe, JMG's new White Out, and?

As far as I know, the Stripes are recessive.

Fat Tails don't change much as they grow, she may get a little lighter in color, maybe gain some Tangerine coloration.

As for morphs, there are Banded, Stripe, Amel, the new white outs (Can't wait to get a pair of those!), and some people are working on Jungles (Paul :) )

Stitch

There is also the white socks morph that VMS. I too picked up a AFT this weekend at the show in MD. She(?) is 100% het amel but she is not striped like yours. She is also a bit more orange looking when compared to yours, I'll post picks later.

Last edited:

BalloonzForU

Thank you Jeanne. She's about to shed, I'll post another pic once she does.

She's 3.3g still a little thing, so I'm hoping that I've got the sex right. I'll wait a little while before I go male hunting.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
BalloonzForU said:
Thank you Jeanne. She's about to shed, I'll post another pic once she does.

She's 3.3g still a little thing, so I'm hoping that I've got the sex right. I'll wait a little while before I go male hunting.

Your Welcome :)

Fat Tails are harder to Sex then Leopards. I would wait at least 4 months before getting a Mate for Him/Her

nwheat

She's adorable, Felicia!! :D It is harder to sex these guys - at least for a newcomer like me! At first glance the females really look like males to me. My new girl is an tangerine amel, het for stripe. I'd like to get a male that has the stripe so I can produce both.

I love that white out morph from JMG - last time I talked to Jeff they hadn't come up with a name for it yet - I like it!!

BalloonzForU

nwheat said:
I love that white out morph from JMG - last time I talked to Jeff they hadn't come up with a name for it yet - I like it!!

Yeah it's very pretty. The ones they did produce are still a little young so they have not bred White Out x White Out yet. I'm still trying to talk them into bringing one to the local show so I can see it. I guess I'll just have to take a drive to Hudson soon to buy a SS and peek in on the White Outs. :main_yes:

L

LadyGecko

Sweet fatty Felicia-but watch out
They are as addictive as Leos
:D
I started out with one and i now have 8 with my new addition from Tinley-LiOL
Have fun with her
:D
Sandy
PS-When I was at their table-whomever I spoke with from JMG (I forgot his name)said that they now have 12 white-outs and that when they become available they most likely will go for $1500 per animal

Visit our friends