My first crestie! With pics :)

Leopard.Geckerz

I've kept Leo's and a Fatty for years.... and have been dying to break into rhacs. Back story is, two months ago, my friend who runs a turtle rescue, took in an emaciated leopard gecko from a kid with too many herps. I took the baby on, hoping I could save it. The leo unfortunately did not make it. Long term effects of starvation are not pretty. Kid calls up same friend and tells him to come take the last of his herps off his hands... AKA one crestie. Fortunately, the crestie is 100% happy and healthy. Seems he gave a damn about this gecko and not my little leo. Anyway, my friend knew immediately that the crestie would have a home with me and the timing sure was peculiar. Things do happen for a reason?

Anyhoo. We were told he's a harlequin. I wish the pictures were better, but they'll do! I'm getting everything set up and then he'll be coming home, probably next week.

P1060839.jpg

P1060840.jpg

P1060843.jpg

darkridder

Melissa the Scientist
has fantastic crest structure. It is a harley but however he isnt fired up in that pic and the flash kind of washed him out. If you want to get his true colors place him in a deli cup with a moist warm paper towels and put him somewhere dark for about 5 minutes, this will normally fire them up. Best way to capture accurate colors is to take pics outdoors, so on a nice sunny day (either morning or evening sun), take it outside for a few pics :)

Leopard.Geckerz

has fantastic crest structure. It is a harley but however he isnt fired up in that pic and the flash kind of washed him out. If you want to get his true colors place him in a deli cup with a moist warm paper towels and put him somewhere dark for about 5 minutes, this will normally fire them up. Best way to capture accurate colors is to take pics outdoors, so on a nice sunny day (either morning or evening sun), take it outside for a few pics :)

I will definitely get better pics when he comes home. :) His foster-daddy took those ones. I probably won't be able to get him out and fired up too fast though since I've heard he's a bit on the fiesty side and really fast. I think some taming is in order first. :main_laugh:

Visit our friends