My first hatchling!

jmntlbn

This is Sparky our first hatchling, we named him that because when we put him in his tank he ran around like crazy. He was born last night. I have him in a 10g tank with a humid hide a regular hide on the cool side and some other hides around the tank. I also have a UTH keeping the temp around 92. I also have some water and mist the whole tank when needed. I think I,m on the right track.

Took 44 days in a container with moist fine pearlite kept in my Gecko room wher the temp stays around 80deg. I just kept the container on a shelf and that was all I did. Nothing technical about it and it worked on our first try.

jmntlbn

I live in Fl. I keep the A.C. vent closed in the room and the shades cracked a bit to let in some light during the day for them. The temps get up to about 85 but never higher and down to 79 at night. I do change the air in the room once a week while I clean the cage. I try to keep it simple and it works.

BrightReptiles

Badhabits727
I live in FL as well. I can barely even get the incubator to hold up the temp changes. I had to put a window AC unit in to keep the temp at 80 constantly to incubate at 84.

jmntlbn

It works for me this time of the year but when it strts cooling off around Oct Nov thats a different story. I keep a thermometer in the container and it flutuated from around 79 to 85 throughout 24 hours. I know when it cools off I'll have to make some kind of incubator.

jmntlbn

The way I look at it is in nature you dont have perfectly controlled temps and they hatch. I dont think its as technical as some people make it.

Visit our friends