My gecko AmiAmi

Candice

I've had my leopard gecko Ami for over a year now and I couldn't be happier with him he's the sweetest guy but I can't help but be curious what type he is. I purchased him from a petsmart so they didn't know but I was wondering if any of you might thanks! 20160506_154224.jpg 20160509_193344.jpg

Candice

Thank you!!! I wasn't sure because he's so large he's twice the size of my other gecko is that normal?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
He's a big boy. I've had many males that are over 100 grams. If he's as much as 11 inches long, he may be a giant.

Aliza

Candice

I need advice!!! My leopard gecko jellybean hasn't eaten in about a week and I don't know what to do she hasn't been eating regular for about a month now it's kind of touch and go. I'm beginning to get very worried about her I love her so much someone please help Me! Her heating and temps have been the same since I got her about a year ago and I've never had this problem before with her or any of my other geckos. She eats a diet of mealworms. I dont feed them every day but I do feed them every other day for fear of impaction. The only thing I can think of that I've changed is her location in my room could that cause this?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If you changed her location recently, she may still be adjusting. If she's ovulating she may not eat for awhile (though for most geckos, the breeding season is pretty much over). If she remains normally active and hasn't visibly lost weight (tail still the same size), it's just one of those gecko things. I have a gecko who is usually ravenous but has barely eaten all summer. She's just started up again last week. There's also a chance that she's bored with mealworms. Throw in a few crickets and see what happens.

Aliza

Candice

How do I tell if she's ovulating? And I'll try crickets the main reason I keep her on a diet of mealworms metalwork is because she has a hard time seeing to catch good and the crickets always seem to fast for her. I hope she gets back to normal soon she's such a sweety!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Ovulation looks like two pink spheres in the belly. Google "leopard gecko ovulation" and you'll find a picture. You may want to try super worms. They don't move as fast as crickets but they're bigger and more obvious than mealworms.

Aliza

squishy2

How do I tell if she's ovulating? And I'll try crickets the main reason I keep her on a diet of mealworms metalwork is because she has a hard time seeing to catch good and the crickets always seem to fast for her. I hope she gets back to normal soon she's such a sweety!
One of my geck's can't catch food so well, so I gently pull the back legs off my crickets for him. They slow down, and can't jump, making them easier to catch. U can try hornworms, mine go crazy for them and butterworms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visit our friends