My gecko doesn't like her laybox?

GeckoGrace

Made for my gravid female, i used an old Huggies plastic wipe box and cut a hole. There are no clear surfaces in the laybox so i thought it would give my gecko a sense of privacy. It is filled with moist perlite for egg laying and damp sphagnum moss for shedding. Although when i nudged her in a couple times to check it out she just came back out. My male stares into the entrance but he never goes in. Is it too bright in there? Did I do anything wrong? Is there a way i can get her to like it? IMG_4878.jpg IMG_4879.jpg

J&M UNE

Give it time you are changing alot of things right now ...she will use it when she is ready.. You can't force things like this.. I do not interact with my breeders to much once they have ovulated .. They get fed cleaned and eggs pulled right now.. They are going through alot of stress already..and this should have all been ready months ago so she was already use to it.. My lay boxes are their humid hide and stay it year round.
61cac97ca30785cd2f32453086b1541b.jpg
ebaafa7652490e698c4b3702bfbe234e.jpg
these are my laybox/humid hide. They are just plastic to go food containers. The bottom is clear so i can check for eggs without even opening it.i also cut a hole for a water bowl to prevent spills and save space to. I still highly suggest you get rid of the sand as multiple people have said.

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk

Visit our friends